arrow Magistrate Home

arrow Abandoned Vehicles
arrow Bad Checks
arrow Drug Court
arrow Environmental Court
arrow Garnishments
arrow Landlord / Tenant
arrow Mediation
arrow Pretrial Court Services
arrow Small Claims Court
arrow Weddings

arrow eFIle
arrow eAnswer
arrow Filing Fees
arrow FAQ's
arrow Forms
arrow Court Calendars
arrow Judges Directory
arrow Attorney Login

Judge Frank Cox
Chief Magistrate

Anne Urick Gordon
Court Administrator

Tahnicia Phillips
Clerk of Court

32 Waddell Street
Marietta, GA 30090
(770) 528-8900
(770) 528-8947 fax

Cobb County Government
100 Cherokee Street
Marietta, GA 30090
(770) 528-1000
(770) 528-2490 fax

arrow Contact Us

Magistrate Court - Forms
Abandoned Motor Vehicle
Includes instruction sheet, subject to lien notice, addidavit for foreclosure of lien against abandoned motor vehicle, request for hearing, notice of hearing, order to foreclose abandoned motor vehicle, DMVS telephone number.
Bad Check Application
Used by merchants and individuals to obtain a criminal bad check citation/warrant.
Bad Check Notice (Civil)
Letter written to the maker of a bad check demanding payment plus costs prior to filing a civil suit.
Bad Check Notice (Criminal)
Used to notify the writer of the check that the check will be turned over to the Magistrate Court as a citation and allows them to make the check good, prior to filing criminal charges.
Collecting Your Judgment
If you receive a judgment and you are not voluntarily paid, this form provides several methods of collection.
Election of Option
Form to be used by Sheriff’s Office to obtain the personal property foreclosure.
Garnishment – Affidavit/Bank
Filed by the winning party against a bank account in Cobb County.
Garnishment – Affidavit/Wage
Filed by the winning party against their employer, the garnishee that must be located in Cobb County.
Garnishment – Answer and Summons/Bank
Form to be filled out by the bank to answer affidavit of garnishment.
Garnishment – Plaintiff Packet – Instructions
The plaintiff receives these instructions upon filing a garnishment case. Garnishment funds cannot be paid out to the plaintiff unless the procedures are completed accordingly.
Garnishment – Plaintiff Packet – Condemning Letter
The original letter is included in the Plaintiff Packet which is given to the Plaintiff upon filing a garnishment case. If the letter is lost or misplaced, this form must be completed in its entirety.
Garnishment Information Sheet
Used only on bank garnishments.
Interrogatories Form
Written questions sent to the losing party to try to find out what cash and other assets the loser has to satisfy the judgment.
Interrogatories Instructions
5 steps to the interrogatories
Introduction to Small Claims
What you need to know about small claims.
Mechanic's Lien
Includes instruction sheet, mechanic's lien form with notice (O.C.G.A 40-3-54), order, DMVS telephone number.
Personal Property Foreclosure
Includes instruction sheet, affidavit for foreclosure of personal property, application and writ of possession - order, notice of hearing, personal property foreclosure summons, order.
Proceeding Against Tenant Holding Over (Eviction Form)
This form is used to evict someone out of the premises.
Property Demand Letter
Letter written to any unauthorized holder of property, demanding the return of the property within five days, allowing them to return the property, prior to filing criminal charges
Sheriff's Service Sheet
This form must be completed in order for the Sheriff to serve a civil small claims suit on the defendant.
Statement of Claim
Used by the plaintiff in a civil small claims suit to explain why they are suing the defendant(s), as well as disclose to the defendant the amount of money for which they are suing.
Writ of Possession
Order granting Defendant to surrender said personal property to Plaintiff in retention or disposition, (or) advertise and sell same as in the case of levy and sale.